WHAT YOU'LL NEED
6 regular-size bags of orange pekoe tea
1-lb ripe peaches (skin on), pitted and cut into wedges
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a saucepan or tea kettle, bring 2 cups cold water to a boil. Place the teabags in a pitcher and pour the boiling water over them. Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree the peaches until smooth -- about 90 seconds.
- With a wooden spoon, gently press the tea bags against the side of the pitcher to extract the liquids. Remove and discard.
- Stir in 4 cups of cold water and peach puree; refrigerate 45 minutes or until well chilled.
- Strain the tea into a pitcher using a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth.
- Pour the tea into tall glasses filled 2/3 with ice cubes or combine 1/2 cup with an ounce of your favorite bourbon or whiskey to make a julep.